Everyone knows that the best thing to go with tea on a cool night is a warm tasty scone. Here is the recipe I use to make these tasty scones!
Blueberry Scones
2 C flour
3 TBSP sugar ( I have a sugar intolerance so you can substitute this with maple sugar or palm sugar)
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 pinch of Salt
1/2 tsp all spice
Cinnamon ( a few shakes)
1/2 C milk ( Again, I have a diary intolerance so I substitute this with Rice Milk)
5 TBSP margarine ( My dairy/soy intolerance allows me to use the brand of margarine Becel 64% less*the pink container*
1/2 C Blueberries
Directions:
1. Grease baking pan
2. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F
3. In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, all spice and cinnamon
4. Cut butter into flour mixture, make sure to cut it until it looks crumbly.
5. Make a well into the center and add milk. * I always find that it may require a little more milk than the recipe requires. Just make sure it is a damp ball of dough *
6. Stir blueberries into mixture.
7. Do not overwork the dough
8. Form dough into one large round ball and flatten it out into a 10 inch disk
9. With a sharp knife cut dough into 10 wedges.
10. Slide disk onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
11. Sprinkle sugar over top.
12. Bake scone for 15 minutes.
* I've also made a Cinnamon and raisin scone... everything is the same except instead of blueberries add raisins and add a bit more cinnamon.
** You can also make this recipe into individual scones.

No comments:
Post a Comment