There is nothing like warm, baked bread right from the oven. I literally think its a little piece of heaven. I know it takes a lot to make home made bread but I have a recipe that is awesome and can be used in a bread machine (if you have one). I've done it both ways, by hand and by using the bread machine, and it always turns out yummy!This recipe makes two small loaves handmade or one regular bread machine loaf. Here it is:
Barron Bread:
5 C of Flour ( 3 Whole Wheat, 2 All purpose White)
2 C of Warm water
1/c C Honey
2 TBSP oil ( I use a Canola.Olive oil mix but Vegetable would work too)
a package of quick active yeast
a pinch of salt
Handmade method:
1.Mix the water, honey and oil together.
2.In a separate bowl add dry ingredients.
3.Add bowls together and mix until nicely combined.
4. Place onto floured surface and knead dough for 10 mins.
5. Place in a covered bowl and let rise for an hour
6. Remove from bowl and knead again for another 5 mins.
7.Let rise again for another half hour.
8. Place in greased bread pans
9. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until bread is golden.
10. Remove from oven.. let cool and enjoy!
Bread Machine Recipe:
1. Add all wet ingredients.
2. Add all dry ingredients putting the yeast in last.
3. Use the whole wheat setting.
4. Wait for the bread machine to do its magic and enjoy when its done!
** I've also thrown in some cinnamon and raisins to this recipe and it worked out great too! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment