Having a toddler means lots of new changes in your life. One change that will most likely come around is the introduction to children's t.v stations or shows. I know there's ALOT of blogs out there citing how awful these shows are and when watched on repeat would make you loose your mind. It's true, they probably could and would make you loose your mind when being forced to watch on repeat. Having said that though, there are a few that are sweet, have some good lessons and are not completely horrible (although feel free to disagree.) This is all subjective but these are my top 5 tolerable ( and okay, somewhat good) children's shows and the top 5 that will never be played in our home simply because of their annoyance level ( to me at least )
Please keep in mind that when as I write this I realize this makes me seem like all I do is let Little C sit in front of the T.V all hours of the day. I certainly don't. While he does watch a little t.v the Hubby and I try to make sure he gets enough play, reading and outside time that a little guy can handle. That being said there are just some times that Mom or Dad just have to get something done - like cook supper- and this keeps Little C in one place for a short time. I've complied this list not only from what I've seen at home but in other friends and families homes who have little children too. Enjoy! <3
Please keep in mind that when as I write this I realize this makes me seem like all I do is let Little C sit in front of the T.V all hours of the day. I certainly don't. While he does watch a little t.v the Hubby and I try to make sure he gets enough play, reading and outside time that a little guy can handle. That being said there are just some times that Mom or Dad just have to get something done - like cook supper- and this keeps Little C in one place for a short time. I've complied this list not only from what I've seen at home but in other friends and families homes who have little children too. Enjoy! <3
Top 5 favourite shows in our home:
5. Daniel Tiger's Neighbourhood- This is relatively new in our house but it's a very sweet show. I warn you there is A LOT of singing but its so sweet that you probably won't mind. It's also neat because its a throw back to Mr. Roger's ( a children's show while I was growing up * although I have to say I was a Mr. Dressup gal myself*)Great moral teachable moments ( like how to deal with jealousy or when friends look different from each other) and neat characters.I like the fact that you actually see his parents too AND they do things with him! I know there are many different versions of family nowadays and that's probably why most children's shows veer away from any adults in them but I like that they are in this show. Ever since we introduced it Little C has been asking for it ... and I've been humming the intro music " It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood...."

4. Adventures of Chuck & Friends- Little C is in LOVE with trucks, cars etc. So this show was right up his alley. There isn't as much singing as with other shows but the trucks are cool and they have neat toys that are great for toddler kids. Little C loves driving his all over the house!
2. Thomas The Train & friends- This one is really tied for first. Little C is obsessed with the train that honestly should have been fired from Tidmouth sheds a long time ago for causing so much confusion and delay. Seriously why doesn't his driver give him a talking to? It does have some good moral stories and if nothing else it appeals to Little C's love of trains and things that move. Plus the stories are pretty short ( usually a half hour show is a few little stories) so its easy to shorten the viewing time if need be.

*I should mention every once and while Little C will ask for Curious George ( although he`s waayyy more into the books than the shows and that`s okay with me! I do enjoy Backyardigans or the classic Sesame Street but have yet to bring those into the mix. One thing at a time.
5 Least favourite shows in our home ( and some of these I have never and will never turn on)
5.Wow Wow Wubzy- I'll admit Little C went through a short phase where he actually liked this show and its not completely horrible. I just find Wubzys voice super annoying and loud, like it's yelling at me all the time.
4.Yo Gaba Gaba- Every time I start to watch this show I just get weirded out. I've never tried drugs but after watching 5 minutes of that show I don't think I ever need to. I would like to say that although I know a few people whose children watch this, its up there with Teletubbies for me... just strange.

One word... Norman... he's a little trouble maker! Maybe I'm judging a book by it's cover and have never given the show good solid chance.. sorry pal, every time I hear your voice I change the channel.




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment