Saturday, October 20, 2012

Trick or Treat... Smell my Feet...

Halloween is fast approaching. I've never been a huge Halloween holiday person ( really its just one day not a season like Christmas is). I think the most excited I've ever been about Halloween was being a kid and the prospect of getting lots of free candy! Let's face it... sugar is what drives me ( when I could have it at least!) I was never into the costumes thing... I would've went out as a witch every year just so I could get the candy, it didn't matter to me what I was dressed up as ... as long as that big bag of candy was coming my way I was a happy camper.

So needless to say as I grew up and it was socially unacceptable for me to go door to door for the sweet stuff, I feel like I grew out of the Halloween holiday.Not for any particular reason I just didn't really decorate any of my places, dress up for any costume parties, and you can forget me watching any scary movies ( I once left a guy in a movie theater because he surprised me by bringing me to the movie " Red Dragon" ... I got 10 minutes in and said "See ya"! Yup! I am not a scary movie watching kind of gal!) Other than carving a pumpkin, and perhaps watching ' Hocus Pocus', a Halloween classic,  you would never know it was Halloween around these parts ( I've lived in apartment buildings so there weren't even any trick-or-treaters to give treats to either)

This has changed a little since having my Little C. I get excited for any holiday really, Halloween included ! I love deciding what costume he can wear ( while I get to make the choice :) ) and bringing him to his little buddies Halloween party too! I find a decorate a little more than previous years( nothing crazy scary, definitely toddler appropriate)I feel like the older Little C gets the more I want to celebrate everything with him. Its such a neat feeling! He was such a champ wearing his costume to the Halloween party we went to tonight ( even though he was a little sweat ball!) Also with the at home day care I find I want to decorate more and create a fun experience for my other little half pints too.

So long story short, I wanted to post a few of the little things that I did, that are easy to replicate for Halloween, in case there is anyone out there who is just starting to celebrate it again! :) These range from crafts we did in day care, home decorations or treats to bring to a Halloween party.

Hope you enjoy!

 Happy Halloween!
Door hanger I found on pintrest so easy to make!
http://www.obsessivelycrafting.com/2011/10/halloween-door-hanger.html
Cheese balls rolled up in crushed Doritos ( zesty) and a little pickle for the stem! So cute! Thanks Christine!
footprint ghosts ( saw this idea floating around! hehe)
Green tissue paper Frankenstein  made in day care


My cute Baby Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment