Monday, October 1, 2012

Baby Alphabet book

So I saw this on Pinterest once ( and for the life of me I can't find it again to post the link) and I liked the idea. My Little C LOVES books. During the course of the day you can almost always find him by his books flipping through the pages and sometimes reading out loud to himself ( or at least, I like to think that's what he's doing! :) ) I thought it would be neat to make an alphabet book using pictures of him or things around our house. We all know babies love real life pictures of other babies ( that's why that Baby Boo book is so well loved by every child I know) so I thought he'd really like this.

I went through all of my photos ( a major task I must say!) to find photos that could correspond with a letter. My goal was to use words and letters that he could come close to saying. I have a few alphabet books with words that are so tricky to say I wonder why they put them in a baby book to begin with.... words like 'quarters'... when will a baby need to say the word 'quarters'?? I mean, really! After I found all the pictures I wanted to use I went to this website http://www.picmonkey.com/ to add to lettering to it. ( Side note* this is my fav website to edit photos. Its so easy and you can make some really great collages too)Once the newly edited photos were done they looked like this:

Then I took out the big guns. Last year for Christmas my wonderful parents gave me a Cricut ( I just about died... to an avid scrapbooker like myself a Cricut was the ultimate machine) and a book binder/laminator ( it was a set) I think the name was Your Story. I have never really used the Your Story laminator/book binder but it did come with some laminating sheets and some book covers in various sizes..... I decided to put it to the test!
My cool Your Story book binder and laminator!
Being a crazy scrapbooker I matted the photos onto fun scrapbook paper and then put them in the laminating pouches 

.

Then I ran them through the laminator. This thing was awesome. It did it so fast and there was no gross laminating smell ( any teacher who has sat laminating every teachable paper item knows what I'm talking about!)


This is how they turned out:


Nice, shiny and a little more indestructible than before ( necessary when its a book half-pints will be looking at!)Once I trimmed the pages and set them all up in the book I put all the pages in the book cover, making sure that all the pages were aligned. Then it was book binding time!


Again this only took a few minutes to bind it and a few minutes to cool it. I was pleased with my finished product. A few things I would change for next time would be to do a bigger one and use actual photos ( not printed off my computer copies) and make the letters bigger. But still a pretty neat little project.


Little C enjoying his new book.


1 comment: