Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Found my groove with the help of Incentives

So its been a while since I've posted and I'm proud to announce that I my husband ( and family) and I have started a weight loss challenge so to speak. We "weigh-in" on Wednesdays and I keep an excel spreadsheet of the pounds lost and the percentages of each person. Our thought is we will put 2$ a week each in a pot and the person with the biggest percentage lost in the month wins the pot!! We got the idea from the Biggest Loser and it has been pretty good motivation for us.

Another incentive that I've done for myself is create two posters on 81/2x 11" paper  labeled " lbs lost" and " lbs left to loose". Each poster has a container holding flowers. There is one flower for every pound I'd like to loose. For every pound I loose I move a flower from the  " lbs left to loose" to the "lbs lost" poster. I've hung these on the cabinet doors in the kitchen that hold my snack-y food. It looks daunting right now but I feel like it will help re-affirm what I'm doing and make me think twice about snacking.



Weight last week: 206.0lbs

Weight this week: 203.2lbs woot woot!

**This weeks goal **
Doing my 30 day shred dvd at least three times this week
Get out of the 200's

No comments:

Post a Comment