Sunday, January 13, 2013

Baked Oatmeal


We had our first Mommy-Baby Group this morning for a Brunch pot luck. My original plan was to make my tasty cinnamon buns but mommy brain struck and I completely forgot to pick up my palm sugar! ( Of course I would realize this when the store is closed!!) So I was checking out other recipes and came to this one....I got this recipe from this website... http://www.annies-eats.com . It was so tasty I thought I should share it! This website has tons of other great meal recipes too lots of which I want to try)


Here is the recipe:

Baked Oatmeal 

Ingredients:
1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 C chopped almonds
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/4 C maple Syrup
1C milk ( I used vanilla rice milk)
1 lg egg, lightly beaten
2 TBSP butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 ripe bananas,peeled and sliced
1C berries ( I used mixed frozen berries.. it was pretty tasty!)

Directions:
*  Preheat the oven to 375 F
*Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish
* In a medium bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients on the list. Stir with a fork to continue
*In a separate bowl combine the maple syrup, milk ,egg, butter and vanilla.
*Spread the sliced bananas in a single layer over the bottom of the baking dish.
* Top with half of the berries.
* Sprinkle the dry oat mixture over the fruit
*Pour the liquid ingredients evenly over the oats.
* Sprinkle the remaining nuts and berries over the top.
*Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is browned and the oats have set.
* Let cool 10 minutes before serving.

Make sure to check out the other recipes on that website... I know I certainly will!
Enjoy!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment